Newsletter
Membership Information
Hours of Operation
Contact Us
Staff
Job Opportunities
Renovation & Expansion
Our History
 
Plans for The Topeka Country Club began in 1899, but it was not until April 25, 1905 that the vision of the Club's founders became a reality. With 226 originating stockholders, The Topeka Country Club formally came into existence when they agreed to purchase the Guilford Dudley Estate.

The first nine holes of TCC's golf course were originally designed by Scotsman Thomas M. Bendelow in 1906. The 2,900-yard-long nine-hole course was immediately acclaimed by the club members as a social and athletic phenomenon. By 1936, the board members determined that the time was right to add the remaining nine holes to the Club's course. Once again looking to retain the best architect to redesign the first nine holes and to lay out the much anticipated additional nine holes, the Club turned to famed designer Perry Maxwell.  With his typical attention to the appearance of the course, Maxwell devoted his talents to accomplishing both tasks. By 1938, the work was underway and the course was fully completed in early 1940. The Topeka Country Club finally had its full eighteen-hole course. 

Bob Hope, Ben Hogan, Jack Nicklaus, Tom Watson, President Taft and many other American icons have been a part of TCC's histroy, with visits to the clubhouse and playing our course. 

Much like the City of Topeka, TCC has a remarkable history. Those who have graced our clubhouse and golf course are part of a rich tradition that is carried on through our membership today. 

In 2005, the Club celebrated its Centennial year with many different tournaments and festivities. The Club recognizes the dedication of  our members who have contributed to The Topeka Country Club’s proud history. TCC has had a wonderful past and is looking ahead and anticipating the next 100 years.